31 July, 2009

Reasons

Today has been kind of a slow day to me. Nothing exciting has happened, so I don't really have much to write about, but I still decided I had to do this, even if I didn't really feel like it, basically because when I started this blog a few days ago I promised myself that I would update it once a day. Why, you ask? Because I feel like I have to.

Right now I don't really have anything that is constant in my life. There have been several things that I've had to let go of over the past several months, some of which were really important to me and it pained me to leave them behind, and others that were more noxious to my life in general than anything else, and that were, in fact, the main drive behind walking away from the things that I did. My friends and family I can't really rely on because they have their own lives and their own concerns to deal with. Plus, it kind of goes against what I'm trying to do, which is basically to find my own footing in this world, just like most, if not all of you are doing.

Some people might argue that work can be considered a constant, but I don't really see it that way, because to me, at the moment, work is merely a means to an end. There's really nothing more to it. There's no flavor, no satisfaction to be had from that aspect of my life right now, and I'm really fine with that, because, well, it's just what I do to pay the rent and that's it.

So that leaves me with this.

So why do I do it? First of all, because it's a good way to vent. Pouring your thoughts and ideas into your keyboard instead of keeping them locked up inside your brain is actually very liberating and in a sense exciting, because, like anyone who writes a blog, or a book, or a newspaper/magazine column, I just want people to read what I write. Whether they like it or hate it is up to them; the important part is that it's there for the world to see, and that it is generating a reaction. Positive, Negative, Indifferent. Who cares? What matters is that it's happening.

Second reason why I'm doing this, because it's a good exercise. Dedicating myself to writing someday is an idea that I've been toying with for a long time, both consciously and unconsciously. Now, it'd be pretentious of me to consider myself a perfect writer; i still have much to learn, much to try, and much to live before I can even indulge myself in that notion. So, as a first step in that direction, I decided to start this blog, because no matter how bad I may be at this, if I keep this constantly, eventually my writing is bound to improve, if only a little, and that prospect is good enough for me.

And last, but not least, I'm doing this because, like I said before, I'm in need of something that is constant. Something that doesn't change no matter how strange things may get in my daily life. And this is it.

So do you think any of these is a good enough reason to write a blog?

1 comments:

R V said...

I think a blog is a best way to express your feelings, you should write about your feelings of joy, sorrow and much more.

Post a Comment